Secrets Papagyo Costa Rica Resort
Secrets Papagayo Reservations 1-877-380-4142
Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica is set on Papagayo Bay along the Pacific coast of Costa Rica and sits on a black volcanic beach, which when coupled with lush, mountainous surrounds provides a stunning backdrop for an intimate, relaxing and romantic getaway. This oceanfront resort boasts 202 spacious suites with finely-appointed amenities, a private terrace or patio, and all the benefits of the Unlimited-Luxury® experience. Indulge in 24-hour room service, a daily refreshed mini-bar, limitless gourmet dining and top-shelf spirits at four restaurants, one café and five bars, pool and beach wait-service, nightly entertainment and more. For an enhanced level of luxury, the Preferred Club offers 65 ocean view suites along with additional privileges, including access to a private Preferred Club lounge, enhanced bath amenities and much more. The full-service Secrets Spa by Pevonia® is a sanctuary for the senses, offering rejuvenating treatments and packages. Enjoy the natural scenery and attractions of Costa Rich by visiting the Marina Papagayo, located nearby with boasts world-class sport fishing, a pedestrian village, gardens and picturesque walkways. An unparalleled experience awaits at Secrets Papagayo, just 20 minutes from the Liberia Airport and 30 minutes from downtown Liberia.
Set in the exuberant Arenilla beach, Secret Papagayo Costa Rica will offer adults a stunning Unlimited-Luxury® getaway in Costa Rica's Gulf of Papagayo. The secure community around Secrets Papagayo provides striking views of native flora and fauna and miles of unspoiled Pacific Coast beach. This all-suite resort boasts 202 spacious suites, each with a private balcony or terrace as well as a superb Unlimited-Luxury® experience starting with 24-hour room service, a daily refreshed mini-bar and more. The Preferred Club will provide an enhanced level of luxury with 65 ocean view suites and additional privileges including access to a private lounge, upgraded bath amenities and mini-bar, concierge service, pillow menu and much more!
Guests will enjoy limitless gourmet cuisine, without reservations, at four restaurants and one cafe in addition to five bars that will serve unlimited top-shelf spirits. Days and nights are filled with land, beach and water activities and live entertainment. Two pools and a pristine beach await. Rejuvenation reigns supreme at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia. Follow up this rejuvenation at the fully equipped fitness center or by taking part in one of the many daily and nighttime activities.
- Set in the exclusive Gulf of Papagayo and close to the Marina Papagayo and Plays El Coco with its world-class sport fishing, pedestrian village, gardens and artesian walkway.
- Stunning and intimate wedding ceremony and reception locations, as well as romantic nooks throughout the property
- Privileged and secure location 20 minutes south of the Liberia Airport
- Breathtaking ocean views of the Gulf of Papagayo
- Intimate, adults-only resort surrounded by two rocky hills
- Access to two stunning beaches
- Located only 30 minutes from downtown Liberia
- Welcome cocktail and cool towel
- Full breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks each day
- Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks
- Unlimited international and domestic top-shelf spirits
- Spacious non-smoking suites, graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped
- Mini-bar refreshed daily with soft drinks, bottled water and beer
- Full Wi-Fi service throughout the property
- 24-hour room service
- Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment
- Theme parties, oceanfront bars and entertainment venues
- No reservations at restaurants
- All taxes and gratuities
Secrets Papagayo is located just 20 minutes from the Liberia Airport with many diving tours and outdoor tourism sites located nearby. The tour desk can assist guests to arrange excursions, exploring the natural wonders of the local area such as volcanoes, hot springs and waterfalls through scuba diving, white water rafting, canopy tours and more.
Local Points of Interest
- Peninsula Papagayo Golf Course: Designed by Arnold Palmer, this 18-hole, par 72 championship course, ranked among the "Top 100 Courses outside the United States" by Golf Digest, is located on the Papagayo Peninsula, just 30 minutes from Secrets Papagayo.
- World-Class Sport Fishing: The Gulf of Papagayo and the Pacific Ocean are renowned for their world-class sport fishing adventures and charters.
- Coco Beach: Coco Beach, known as Playa del Coco, is one of Costa Rica's most popular beaches. It is one of the largest villages in Guanacaste, with great infrastructure and plenty of hotels, restaurants, bars and shops. It is a favorite for both tourists and locals looking for an ongoing beach-style party.
- Tamarindo Beach: Tamarindo is Guanacaste's largest coastal center and is frequented by foreigners from all over the world. It has all the amenities of a Costa Rican beach town - surf, sand, sun and a busting nightlife.
- Samara Beach: Samara beach is one of the purest beaches in Costa Rica and is considered to be one of the most beautiful areas in Guanacaste. The beach has been presented with the highly regarded Blue Flag award, given to only the cleanest and best preserved beaches in the country.
- Santa Rosa National Park: Its beaches are a great option for the perfect getaway. The park boasts easy to find, basic camping facilities where you can enjoy the natural Paradise.
- Rincon de la Vieja National Park is located northwest of Guanacaste's main transportation hub, Liberia, and it features a wealth of great activities to keep visitors busy such as hiking trails, horseback riding, tubing, mountain biking, and waterfall swimming.
- Arenal Volcano National Park, previously one of the most active volcanoes in Costa Rica, is a sight to behold. Visit La Fortuna, a tiny town near the base of the volcano, and the marvelous Hot Springs, a tropical paradise to relax both your mind and body.
- Bara Honda National Park: 5,000 acres of protected and important geological resource with a system of caves with stalactite and stalagmite formations. The Bara Honda Peak is 1,476 ft. high with 19 known caves and is made of old coral reefs that were pushed up by tectonic faults.
- Downtown Liberia: Known as the "white city", Liberia is a typical flatland town with wide streets, old buildings and bahareque houses (a material similar to adobe but made with cattle dung and straw). The city has managed to combine old edifices, customs and traditions with modernism and new buildings, including malls and various modern destinations.
Secrets Papagayo Accommodations
All 202 rooms are finely appointed and offer views of the gardens or the Gulf and Bay of Papagayo. The Preferred Club is an exclusive area providing exceptional services and attributes.
- Standard King Tropical View
- Standard King Panoramic View
- Bungalow Suite King Tropical View
- Bungalow Suite Double Tropical View
All Suites offer the following amenities and inclusions:
- One king or two double beds
- Private, furnished terrace or patio
- Spacious bathroom with shower
- 48" Smart TV
- Direct dial telephone and Wi-Fi internet connection
- Daily refreshed mini-bar with beer, soft drinks and bottled water
- Coffee maker
- Hair dryer
- Vanity mirror
- 24-hour room service
- Secrets Box
- iPod docking station with alarm clock radio
- Electronic in-room safe
- Air conditioning with in-room climate control
- Slippers and bathrobes
- Full-body mirror
- Pillow Menu
The Preferred Club is an exclusive area offering exceptional services, preferred status and amenities, and access to a private lounge. The Preferred Club suites offer impressive ocean views all in premium locations as well as:
- Personalized check-in and checkout with concierge service
- Preferred status and amenities
- Private Preferred Club Lounge
- Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Daily continental breakfast service, afternoon hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, exquisite desserts & fine liquors served in the Preferred Club Lounge
- Complimentary computer access in the Preferred Club Lounge
- Complimentary newspaper in room every day (available in English and Spanish)
Preferred Club Room Categories
- Preferred Club Bungalow Suite King Ocean View
- Preferred Club Bungalow Suite Double Ocean View
- Preferred Club Bungalow Suite King Ocean Front View
- Preferred Club Junior Suite King Plunge Pool
- Preferred Club Junior Suite King Ocean Front
- Preferred Club Honeymoon Suite
- Preferred Club Presidential Suite Ocean View
Restaurants and Bars
Secrets Papagayo offers 5 dining options: 1 buffet restaurant, 3 á la carte restaurants, and a café. No reservations required. All restaurants openings rotate throughout the week.
- Located in front of the main pool area
- Located pool-side with exquisite ocean views and serving delicious light lunch specialties and grilled specialties for dinner
- Specializing in a fusion of Pan-Asian cuisine served á la carte
- Delectable Italian á la carte cuisine
- Premium coffee and deli snacks served in a casual and relaxed atmosphere
Secrets Papagayo offers five bars that serve international and domestic beverages as well as top-shelf spirits, ranging from swim-up to a music lounge.
- Lobby bar featuring chic furniture for lounging with a refreshing cocktail
- Beach and pool bar offering signature cocktails
- Typical cocktails with great ocean views by the pool or on the beach
- Located next to the Spa, offering a wide selection of healthy and natural beverages and cocktails
Activities / Entertainment
Beach, Land & Water Activities
Secrets Papagayo provides a variety of facilities to make vacations fun and entertaining. Activities include:
- Theme nights:
- Beach Party
- Karaoke and Shows
- Manager's Cocktail Party
- Beach walks
- Water Aerobics
- Cooking lessons
- Beach volleyball
- Big screen movies on the beach
- Non-motorized water sports
- Internet center
- Casino (nearby)*
- Golf (nearby)*
* Additional Costs Apply
Spa & Fitness
For those guests seeking a sanctuary for the senses, the Secrets Spa by Pevonia® offers a sublime atmosphere of pure indulgence. amper yourself in the stunning spa with spectacular views. A Swiss shower, sauna, steam room, private shower and a relaxing indoor lounge area are available for guests to enjoy.
The on-site, state-of-the-art fitness center offers a full range of cardio-conditioning and exercise equipment.
Facilities and Services
- 24-hour front desk and concierge services
- 24-hour room service
- Computers with internet access
- Fully-equipped meetings facilities*
- Gift shop*
- Entertainment palapa
- Wedding gazebo
- Wedding, honeymoon and spa packages*
- Photo Booth*
- Secrets Spa by Pevonia®*
- Laundry services*
- Travel agency*
- Car rental*
- Currency exchange*
- Business center*
*additional costs apply
Whether planning a walk down the aisle or embarking on a life as newlyweds, Secrets Papagayo is the ideal place for monumental occasions. With stunning ceremony and reception locations as well as a lavish spa and romantic nooks throughout the property, couples can indulge in limitless pleasures and succumb to complete wedded bliss.
Meetings and Incentives
Secrets Papagayo has a dedicated meeting and function spaces. The main ballroom will offer freestanding flexible and multifunctional space. Additionally, there is storage space available and set-up equipment, a foyer area, private boardroom and two individual meeting rooms.
The dedicated group event planners at Secrets Papagayo are masters at making sure everything you need is perfectly provided with immaculate care and personalized attention. Secrets Papagayo offers a wide array of memorable group functions, from creative theme parties and fun-filled team building activities to elegant gala dinners.
email: [email protected]
Book your vacation